Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Though I have tried again and again

I cannot bring myself to like coffee.
And truly, I also do not wish to like it.

The only thing I find bearable is a french vanilla cappuccino....and I hear that's the baby stuff.

It just boggles my mind how many people are addicted to coffee:

They need it to wake up.
They need it to function throughout the day.
They get headaches or feel antsy without it.
Addicted.
I'm talking more than, I don't know, 3 a day.

And I $4 cup of coffee from Starbucks? I hear that's not even the best stuff out there.

Sure, many may think you look cool while you're ordering your tall non-fat something-or-other,
in your store that sells expensive mugs and koozies,
where people snuggle up in corners and pretend to write books on their laptops
while wearing their trendy shoes and stylish earth-tone scarves,
glancing through their thick-rimmed "nonconforming" glasses at the people around them
but being too cool to actually start a conversation,

but I think you look ridiculous.
You could be doing something better with your money or buying something less "substance abusey."

Man, I want a Red Bull.

1 comment:

Nuetz said...

bahahaha... this is a legit entry. thank you kate.