Saturday, November 1, 2008

house or home, overgrown.

 When I went home for fall break, my Grandpa showed me a picture of where my Grandma was born and where he and she had lived for 7 or 8 years.  Chipped paint, broken windows, overgrown grass, derelict machinery.  The house had been abandoned and eventually was demolished.  But it was so beautiful.  I love buildings that are abandoned and left to rot.  They have the most character.  I can imagine when the house was new.  I imagine what it was like when my Grandmother was a child.  A house holds so many memories...it's a tragic thing to rid the earth of them without another thought.
So, here's to you, Grandma's childhood home!

While you're at it, some friends showed me this video and it made me laugh a bit.  Warning: it's strange and has foul language.  Ha. Enjoy.

No comments: