Thursday, November 20, 2008

Courage.

We all need healing, whether it be physical, emotional, spiritual. I've come to realize that there are things I really need to face in my life. Things from the past that make me see myself as I am now- things that hold me back and only hurt me... this shouldn't be.
I am a daughter of God- deeply loved and looked after. No one can judge me but my God. I need to fully accept that. As if this world can offer real truth, why do I listen? I should push forward and strive in the desires and talents my Lord has given me. Why look back? Why look around? Just go. Run full force ahead.

: ) Here are some verses that encourage me:

"The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged." Deut 31:8

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous." Joshua 1:9

"Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed." Proverbs 16:3

"Don't let anyone think less of you because you are young. Be an example to all believers in what you teach, in the way you live, in your love, and your purity." 1 Timothy 4:12

"Listen to me, you who know right from wrong and cherish my law in your hearts. Do not be afraid of people's scorn or their slanderous talk." Isaiah 51:7

"Be strong and courageous, and do the work. Don't be afraid or discouraged by the size of the task, for the Lord God, my God, is with you." 1 Chronicles 28:20

"The steps of the godly are directed by the Lord. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will not fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand." Psalm 37:23-24

"Do not let yourself become tied up in the affairs of this life." 2 Timothy 2:4

And God, "May the words of my mouth and the thoughts of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord." Psalm 19:14

No comments: