Wednesday, June 30, 2010

I got a call at 10:30 last night

from an old friend wanting to do something random and fun.
I had just jumped out of the shower and was talking with her on my cell in a towel.
She offered that we go see the opening of "Eclipse" at a drive in nearby at midnight.
I had a "Yes Man" moment and decided to join her.

So I put on some comfy clothes over some PJs (I was gonna hit the hay after we got back) and she picked me up.
Oh the fun we had!

First off, the GPS was leading us to the middle of nowhere.
I mean, we were on dirt roads.
Then we saw a sign for the drive in, then proceeded down a long, dark road.
We began to give in to our imaginations and thought that possibly we were being lured into a remote spot so vampires could suck our blood (getting in the mood for the movie, of course).
We turned the radio to the drive in station and an old fashioned song came on that kept repeating, "It's gonna be all right." We squealed with delight!

We got our tickets, then drove around and got a good spot.
We ended up watching half of the movie with a sleeping bag and some pillows on top of her car.
When our bums started getting sore, we went back into the car.

And I don't know if you've ever experienced it, but watching a movie from within a car is freeing.
I mean, you can talk to your friend, yell, giggle.....squeal if you want. (There was plenty of this).
*Team Jacob all the way* ahem.
We just straight up had a blast.

Summer is shaping up nicely, I should say.

[midnight. movie. drive in. vampires. squealing. car tops. junk food. friendship. GTs. magic.]

No comments: