Saturday, October 22, 2011

I refuse

to give up hope on humanity.
Surrounded by constant calamity-
always dealing with the next tragedy:

this isn't the end of me.

This isn't how we're supposed to be.
Broken, hopeless, lives a constant struggle and messy.
Impress upon me, Lord, your love of thee.
Be all that You will be in me
that I might shine with a light so divine
to pierce those dark corners of the world,
giving the hopeless more time.

A glimmer.
That's all I need.
It's all I need to know that You're there.
That You're here.
That You care.
That my heart breaking is an extension of Yours.
That I'm not simply weak, but connected with You as You suffer when looking upon this world.

Broken, twisted, yearning, depraved.

You still love.
You still care.
You'll pull us out of this, somehow
somewhere.

I need You.

No comments: