Monday, August 24, 2009

"I am more than the sum of my flaws."


I read that in a magazine once. It spoke to me.
I used to focus so much on the negative in my life; imperfect parts of my body, intense emotions I had to deal with, people whose personalities conflicted with mine, feeling incompetent. My world was full of insecurity and fear.
I was never good enough for myself.
I could be happy on the outside, but inside was often turmoil.
And you know what? I'm glad I went through that.
It's OK to feel bad sometimes. To feel inferior, to feel angry, to feel.
It reminds me how good life can be.
I embrace a day of negative emotion.
It reminds me I'm alive.
It pushes me to live life with vigor.

So give me sunshine, give me pain.
Give me hope through the strain.
Fill with energy, but allow it to drain.

I can feel beautiful.

No comments: